Since returning from Lake Placid, NY where I had trained on the Ironman course a few weeks ago, I was feeling exhausted. I wasn't sleeping well and felt stressed- body, mind and spirit.
After a weekend that consisted of equal part rest and PLAY, I am finally beginning to feel like Emi again.
|Great view at the top of Vail mountain after run/hike up!|
|That's me running!|
|Gerald Ford Amphitheater|
|Closer view of the talented musicians|
Yes, I am still fatigued but I've been Ironman training for seven months and, well, that's to be expected. What's important is that I'm in a better state of mind and feel ready to take on this Ironman challenge with all I can give.
The plan between now and July 27th is to:
- eat well (fresh, healthy, good food)
- rest enough (8 hours of sleep per night!)
- follow my training plan (my coach, Jen Gatz, is fantastic and knows what she's talking about)
- listen to my body (give her a break if she tells me she needs one)
- give my friends and family love and attention (I must not lose perspective)
- continue to fundraise for MentorCONNECT (please, please donate TODAY!!!!!)
- focus on finishing this Ironman dream one STRONG step at a time.
|Heaven on Earth|
The top of Vail mountain